The units include:
Unit 1 Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness A/616/7499 2
- Online 50 question multiple-choice exam. The pass mark is 35 / 50 (70%) and you have 1 hour 45 minutes to complete it.
You can sit your exam either:
- Face-to-face at CMS premises on an agreed assessment date/time
- Online on a date/time of your choosing via remote proctor software (please note there is an additional fee of £25 for a remote exam)
To book your exam or see planned theory exam assessment dates click here.
You can re-sit an exam as many times as needed, however CMS Fitness Courses has a responsibility to ensure that teaching and learning occur in between each exam to promote learner development and quality of delivery. Re-sit fees are £25 per exam.
Unit 2 Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors Worksheet
- Assignment – Personal and professional development plan to include:
- Training needs analysis
- Personal Development Plan
Unit 3 Health and safety in the fitness environment M/616/7502 2
- Health and safety in a fitness environment worksheet
- Assignment – Risk assessment, maintenance checks and handover
Unit 4 Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change A/616/7504 2
- Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change worksheet
- Assignment – Health promotion – the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- Video Assessment – Modular Summative Observation of Client Consultation and Programme Delivery
Unit 5 Planning and instructing gym-based exercise F/616/7505 2
- Video assessment – Modular Summative Observation of Client Consultation
- Video assessment – Modular Summative Observation of a Group Induction
- Video assessment – Summative Observation of a single person programme delivery
It is expected that the Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing will take up to 4-6 months to complete, depending on how many hours you complete per week and your rate of learning.
You will have access to certain units and resources in a specific order allowing you to ensure you complete your learning and assessments in the most logical sequence ensuring your continual progression. A typical pathway is shown below:
|Induction||Welcome email and tutor phone call to introduce and induct you to ourhigh-quality digital technology learning platform.|
|Month||Live Webinar||Unit 1||Unit 2||Unit 3||Unit 4||Unit 5|
|1||Revise and complete learning resources||Revise and complete learning resources|
|2||A&P Learning review Introduction to Unit 4/5||Revise and complete learning resources||Complete and submit assessment||Revise and complete learning resources|
|3||Sit mock exam and contact CMS to book your real exam||Complete and submit assessment||Revise and complete learning resources||Revise and complete learning resources|
|4||Unit 4/5 review and Mentor Support Webinar||Complete and submit worksheet assessment and client consultation||Revise and complete learning resources|
|5||Complete and submit group induction modular assessment|
|6||Unit 4/5 review and Mentor Support Webinar||Complete and submit modular summative observation and evaluation worksheet|
To enroll on the Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing qualification you need to:
- Be at least 16 years old
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at level 2 (as a minimum).
In addition, to complete the 100% online pathway you will:
- Complete the course over a duration and speed that suits you
- Have 24/7 access to our high-quality digital technology learning platform and regular support from your personal tutor
- Learning can be completed in your own time and at your own pace but the attendance of some live webinar sessions is required
- Need to have access to a commercial/professional gym environment
- Be required to complete all practical delivery sessions within a gym setting
- Need to have access to a video camera/smart phone to record some of your assessments